B104 is partnering with Local Lehigh Valley Libraries this summer to promote Summer Reading Programs! Just because school has ended, it doesn't mean the fun and learning has to stop!
With help from Lehigh Valley Libraries... B104 will be recognizing SUPERSTAR SUMMER READERS from June 23rd through Aug. 8th! Listen for a NEW winner to be announced each FRIDAY with Mike and Steph!
Each B104 Superstar Reader will win a four pack of tickets for Dutch Springs Aqua Park & a B104 Reading Certificate!
Plus, visit one of the local libraries listed below NOW through August 31st for your chance to win a Grand Prize iPad Mini from Warner Brothers Records / Echosmith! (No Purchase Necessary)
Parents - Our local library partners will be picking a Superstar Reader each week from their respective Summer Reading Programs! Please see one of the local libraries below for more info on their Reading Programs!
Thank you to our sponsors:
FIND FAMILY LIBARY FUN NEAR YOU:
Catasauqua Public Library - Website>>
Lower Macungie Library - Website>>
- 6/23-6/27 - Da Vinci Science Center is coming!
- 6/30 & 7/28 - Family Movie Night
- 7/7 - Meet Queen Elsa & Anna at the Library - Visit with the Royal Highnesses & enjoy a DJ from Bar None Weddings & Entertainment - playing requests!
- 8/4 - Summer Reading Finale Pool Party at the Lower Macungie Township Pool - DJ Jimbo will be playing music!
- Stop by & see tons of experiments throughout the summer!
Thank you to Embassy Bank for donating to the Summer Reading Program at the Lower Macungie Library this year!
Palmerton Area Library - Website>>
-Reading Chain: Contest for kids & adults running June 1st through Sept. 1st
Easton Area Public Library - Website>>
- Summer Reading Kicked off June 16th - Theme: "Science is Everywhere!"
- For more information, click on the Library Website Above & then Click Events!
- Bach 2 Rock: For ages 12 and up...Join Caryn Lin who uses sound effects and her five string electric violin to play live duos and trios...with herself! Watch as she performs 3-dimensional sound magic right before your eyes and learn about "looping," the technique that makes these amazing sounds possible! Registration is appreciated. July 22nd @ 6:30pm.
- Dr. Who Party: For ages 12 and up. Exterminate! Er...celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate! 5:1 --The Eleventh Hour at our teen Dr. Who Party! Enjoy trivia, snacks, and crafts! Feel free to come in costume! Registration is appreciated. August 2nd @ 2pm.
Dimmick Memorial Library (Jim Thorpe) - Website>>
Allentown Public Library - Website>>
- School of Rock (Thursday evenings in June; registration required)
- Science Activities Monday evenings (registration required)
- Special programs: "Tromp Through the Swamp," "Mad Science: Spin, Pop, Boom," Princess Elsa of Disney's Frozen, story times and family movies weekly!
- Teens: Time Travel Detectives and Dr. Who Mini-Con
Lehighton Area Memorial Library - Website>>
Southern Lehigh Public Library - Website>>
- 6/17 - Slinky, Historical Toys & More
- 6/26 - Science is Everywhere - Performer John Hadfield
- 6/28 - Recyclable Robot Challenge for Families / Tweens - 12:30-2pm; Robots will be displayed at the SLPL!
- 6/30 - Lego Program - Cost $5; Grades K-2: 9:30am-10:30am, Grades 3-5: 10:45am-11:45am
- 7/8 - R U Curious: FIZZ BOOM EAT - (Family) Experiments in Science Kitchen!
- 7/17 - Movie Night - WALL-E at 7pm
- 7/22 - R U Curious: It's Sense-ational! (Family) - Exploring the Senses!
- 7/31 - Sing! Bang! Boom! at the Library by Two of a Kind, David & Jenny
- 8/5 - Movie Night - UP! at 7pm - Pre Movie Hot Air Balloon Photo Op at 6:30pm
- 8/7 - Lego Movie Making Camp - 5:30-8:30pm - Ages 9 to 14 - Facilitated by Bricks 4 Kids; Cost is $70; Limited number of partial scholarships!
- 8/9 - Lego Movie Making Camp - 12:30pm - 4:30pm - Ages 9 to 14 - Facilitated by Bricks 4 Kids; Cost is $70; Limited number of partial scholarships!
- 8/14 - Closing Program - Helium Balloon Experiments - How many balloons does it take to lift a variety of objects? Audience Participation, Refreshments and Raffle Prize Winners!
Coplay Public Library - Website>>
Whitehall Township Public Library - Website>>
- July 22 at 6pm our 'Friends of the Library' will sponsor a family event "Close Encounters with Birds of Prey (Rescued Raptors).
Bethlehem Area Public Library - Website>>
- Reading Program & Incentive Programs (Limited to those residing in service area)
- Free Parking is available in the garage beneath the library
- Family Fun Nights going on now through July 29th - 6:30-7:30pm
- June 24- Mr. David's Sillology featuring the music, art and comedy of David Perry. Highly interactive with lots of science learning and audience participation, Funded by Jeffrey Frank & Kristin Illic.
- July 1- In a Galaxy Far, Far Away come dressed in a futuristic costume and have a blast listening to stories, playing games, making crafts, and challenging yourself in the mini storm trooper academy.
- July 8- Magician/Juggler Al Grout will amaze you with illusions and magic tricks. Funded by SPARK Orthodontics.
- July 15- Mad Science of the Lehigh Valley performs awesome, unbelievable science with their "Spin, pop, boom" show. Best enjoyed by ages 4 and up. Funded by Friends of the Library
- July 22- Todd Newman concert and dance party Come in your craziest socks and dance your socks off to fun music for the entire family.
- July 29- Summer Finale Party with stories, games, puppet making and a puppet show "Rumpeldillskin" presented by Mark Keeler.
We also offer tween & teen events for fall grades 6 - 12 such as:
- Wednesday, July 2, 4 - 5:30pm Doctor Who & the British Sci-Fi Invasion; Dress as your favorite Doctor, companion, or character from Doctor Who, Sherlock, Torchwood, or a favorite film for trivia, games, prizes, and out of this world snacks.
- Wednesday, July 16, 2 - 8 pm Teen Movie Marathon - Watch films voted best by local teens. Popcorn and lemonade provided.
- Thursday, July 23, 12noon - 1:30pm Yoga & Frozen Yogurt - Learn yoga techniques to reduce stress and become more flexible. Enjoy frozen yogurt and fruit after the session.
- Teens, display your artwork all summer long in the teen area as part of our Teen & tween Art Gallery.